1 cup (120 g) almond meal
1 cup (112 g) raw pecan pieces
4 tablespoons (60 g) butter
2 ½ cups (560 g) cream cheese, softened
¾ cup (175 ml) plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup (60 ml) coconut sugar
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
25 g 80% or higher cacao dark chocolate
½ teaspoon (5 ml) coconut oil
Strawberries and/or raspberries optional.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the crust ingredients in a food processor and beat until the mixture resembles coarse consistency. Remove from food processor and press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) spring form pan.
3. Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven when the edges are starting to brown. Allow cooling completely.
4. Keep the oven at 180°C. Position a rack in the lowest spot, and place a baking dish with approximately 3 cm of water on that rack. Place the other rack in the middle position.
5. With a mixer, whip the cream cheese and yogurt. Add the coconut sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
6. Add the eggs and egg yolks and beat on medium speed, until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
7. Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the middle is just set but still soft. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake sit in the warm oven for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the cheesecake from the oven. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake and allow to cool in the pan. Then transfer to the refrigerator to cool for 4 hours.
9. Before serving, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a small saucepan over low heat. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate across the top of the cake. Let sit for a minute to solidify.
Inspiration from Mark Sisson’s Keto Resset Diet book
How to make Tease Cake [Video]