Almond Chocolate Mug Cake
Prep Time/Cook Time:
5 mins/2 mins
3 tbsp almond flour
1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
1/4 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
1 small pinch salt
1 large egg
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. You can make this cake in the mug you’ll cook it in, or you can make it in a small bowl and then pour it into a mug or ramekin to cook it.
2. Place the dry ingredients (almond meal, cacao, baking powder) into a small bowl/mug. Stir a little to combine.
3. Add the egg, olive oil and vanilla to the mixture. Whisk with a fork until you have a smooth cake batter.
4. Pour batter into the mug or ramekin you’re going to cook it in (if it’s not in there already). Make sure the mug/ramekin isn’t filled to the brim – you’ll need at least 2cm left at the top so it doesn’t spill over.
5. Place mug/ramekin in microwave. Cook for 60 seconds – it will puff up a lot while cooking and then settle.
Check on the cake. It will probably still be a little undercooked. Cook for a further 15-30 seconds until done to your liking (microwave ovens can vary a lot).
Recipe inspired by; https://nourisheveryday.com/almond-chocolate-mug-cake-healthy/